Solatube International, Inc.
The Solatube Daylighting System comes with a 10-year product warranty. Daylight Dimmers carry a 5-year warranty. The Solatube 160 DS & 290 DS are Energy Star Rated.
Easy to apply, predictable, and reliable daylighting! A Solatube® Daylighting System is a cost-effective, leak-proof, energy-efficient way to bring the benefits of natural light into any commercial or residential interior. Models are available to provide designers with the right amount of lighting for each particular application, and our Daylight Dimmer™ allows for dimming of daylight output. The SolaMaster® Series, Solatube 750 DS Daylighting System and Solatube 330 DS (21 in/530 mm), offers a unique daylighting option for all types of ceiling configurations in commercial buildings including suspended, hard, and open ceilings. The Brighten Up® Series consists of the Solatube 160 DS & 290 DS (10 in/250 mm & 14 in/350 mm.) Designed for superior performance from a compact design, this series is ideal for residential and smaller commercial spaces and offers the option of an electric light for nighttime lighting. The Solatube 160 DS also features an optional integrated ventilation fan.
As members of the U.S. Green Building Council, Solatube International has also been discovered by the sustainable design community as a simple and effective way to earn LEED™ certification credits. Solatube Daylighting Systems are specified in multiple LEED projects around the U.S., with growth expected to increase as more local, state and federal governmental agencies and departments adopt the rating system for their building projects.
Businesses and institutions aren’t the only ones turning to energy-efficient lighting options. More and more homeowners around the country are also demanding “green” design options for their homes. In turn, major homebuilders, as well as the manufactured/pre-fabricated housing industry, have embraced Solatube Daylighting Systems as a versatile lighting option that can be simply and affordably integrated into home designs.
• Commercial: classrooms, gymnasiums, retail, office, warehouse, manufacturing, government facility, senior living facility, medical, and restaurant.
• Residential: bathroom, hall/stairwell, kitchen, shower stall, laundry room, bedroom, home office, living room, dining room, and garage.
• Relative Photometry for easy design
• Lumen output tables for reliable output
• Compact Design calculations and predictable performance
• One-piece, seamless, leak-proof flashing
• Raybender® 3000 Technology (Solatube 160 DS , 290 DS, & 750 DS models only)
• LightTracker™ Reflector (Solatube 160 DS, 290 DS & 330 DS models only)
• Spectralight® Infinity, with 99.7% specular reflectance
• Daylight Dimmer to control daylight output
• OptiView® Diffuser and Vusion™ Diffuser are available for the Brighten Up® Series
• OptiView® Diffuser and Prismatic Diffuser are available for the SolaMaster Series
• Provides the brightest, whitest, natural light available
• Fits between typical structural elements
• Energy efficient without structural modifications
The Solatube Daylighting System can typically be installed by a professional in less than two hours.
The Solatube M74 DS is the core of the SkyVault Series, and is available with the following pre-assembled configurations:
Tube size ≈ 29 in. (74 cm)
Potential tube length ≈ 100 ft. (30 m)
The Solatube 160 DS is designed to deliver sunlight to spaces up to 200 sq. ft. So it's just right for small to medium-sized areas like bathrooms, laundry rooms, closets and hallways. Use multiples for larger rooms.
The Solatube 160 DSe provides the ultimate in energy-efficient daylighting. Delivering natural light to spaces up to 200 sq. ft., it is designed to minimize heat loss in extremely cold climates and heat gain in extremely warm climates. As a result, this product has earned an Energy Star rating.
For large areas like kitchens, family rooms and bedrooms, the Solatube 290 DS is what you want. It delivers sunlight to spaces up to 300 sq. ft.
The Solatube 290 DSe has earned an Energy Star rating for its ability to minimize heat loss in extremely cold climates and heat gain in extremely warm ones. It offers the highest level of energy efficiency and can light spaces up to 300 sq. ft.
Solar Star Attic Fan - RM 1600
Last Update: 2016-10-13