Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation
BASF manufactures both closed-cell and open-cell spray polyurethane foam products for residential and commercial construction, providing the right SPF system for any type of well-engineered building envelope. The BASF two component application process features a wide range of specially formulated polyurethane spray foam offerings that meet specific site and surface requirements.
Additionally, BASF also offers a number of waterproofing or damp-proof coating materials resulting in high performance, durable BASF SPF Roofing Systems for any climate that stand the test of time.
Due to the technical skill required, these systems must only be applied by trained contractors within BASF's approved applicator network.
SPF is part of the BASF Performance Materials Construction division, which provides better, faster and more cost effective construction solutions. Whether new construction, retrofit or restoration, BASF higher-performing materials improve energy efficiency, increase durability and help speed construction, while also offering a lower lifecycle cost and reduced environmental impact.
Residential and Light Commercial Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Open-cell SPF that provides improved energy efficiency, increased comfort and excellent sound control. It is an affordable option for SPF insulation.
Light Commercial Spray Polyurethane Foa (SPF) Closed-cell SPF insulation for building envelope applications. It provides the best R-Value moisture resistance and air barrier properties in one product.
A modern building needs to save energy, be durable, keep occupants safe and be comfortable - all while being cost-conscious. A modern building needs SPRAYTITE insulation and air barrier material.
Thanks to its 90% closed-cell content, SPRAYTITE polyurethane foam combines industry-leading air permeance ratings and a superior insulation R-value to make a significant contribution to achieving the mandates of the modern building.
- Improves the energy economics of buildings
- Controls air leakage
- Improves indoor environmental quality and occupant comfort, health and safety
- Improves structural strength and reduces condensation, moisture and mold problems
- Conforms to any shape
Insulation. Air barrier. Vapor barrier. Drainage plain. One product…one application. Fully-tested and field-proven.
Thanks to its 90% closed-cell content, the WALLTITE® system combines industry-leading air permeance ratings and a superior insulation R-value to make a significant contribution to building energy efficiency.
The WALLTITE® insulating air barrier system:
- Eliminates uncontrolled air leakage
- Improves occupant comfort, health and safety
- Improves indoor environmental quality
- Improves structural strength
- Reduces condensation, moisture and mold problems
- Conforms to any shape
- Is approved by the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) to meet the mandated air barrier requirements of the Commercial Energy Codes of Massachusetts, Wisconsin and Michigan
- Is installed only by ABAA approved applicators with third-party quality control inspection
SKYTITE® Spray Foam Roofing - The lowest lifecycle cost roof.
Imagine a roof that makes the whole building better. One that provides 20 years or more of leak-free service with almost no maintenance. One that can stand up to the worst Mother Nature can throw at it.
A sustainable roof that offers both the lowest lifecycle cost and a low environmental impact.
SKYTITE® high performance polyurethane foam roofing systems:
- Apply directly to existing substrate in 95% of retrofit applications, eliminating tear-off costs and material sent to landfill
- Offer industry-leading wind uplift and severe hail resistance
- Are seamless, fully-adhered and self-flashing
- Provide superior insulation performance
- Require no fasteners for quicker installation and the elimination of thermal bridging
- Are renewable with simple recoating
Roof Coatings - SKYTITE®
SKYTITE® Roof Coatings - Heavy-duty, high-performance protection.
Durable. Resilient. Impervious to weather, water, chemicals and wear.
SKYTITE® roof coatings provide industry-leading protection for roofing, specialty storage and infrastructure applications. With a fast application time, higher tensile strength and improved low-temperature elongation, these coatings can stand up to almost anything while remaining cost-effective.
SKYTITE® roof coatings feature:
- Little to no odor
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock
- Water resistance
- Seamless application
- Quick application of specified thicknesses
- Excellent bond strengths to properly prepared substrates
- Resistance to many solvents, caustics and mild acids
- Low permeability
- Solar reflectance for reduced energy consumption (roof coatings only)
ELASTOTITE G 20140 Polyurethane Insulating Adhesive
Why make holes in your leak-proof roof? ELASTOTITE G 20140 polyurethane insulating adhesive makes leaks caused by nails and screws a thing of the past.
Spray-applied and seamless, with tenacious adhesion to almost any surface - even in a wind storm.
ELASTOTITE G 20140 insulating adhesive:
- Installs significantly faster than traditional mechanically-fastened systems for lower labor costs
- Provides an almost-silent application for reduced disruption to building occupants
- Fully adheres to most substrates including non-nailable decks
- Eliminates fasteners for no thermal bridging
- Fills gaps and seams between insulation boards to enhance the integrity of the system, recover R-value loss and improve building energy efficiency
Insulation Card and R-Value Fact Sheet
HP+ A Series Installation Manual
HP+ E Series Installation Manual
HP+ X Series Installation Manual
Closed Cell SPF Application Guidelines
ASTM_C1848-17 SPF Application Standard
Guidance on best practices for the installation of SPF
HFC Closed-Cell SPF Quick Reference Guide
HFO Closed-Cell SPF Quick Reference Guide
Ventilation Considerations for Spray Polyurethane Foam
Open-Cell SPF Quick Reference Guide
Open Cell SPF Application Guidelines
SPF Tips for Optimum Yield
At BASF, we continually strive to formulate new, quality products. By using HFO low-GWP blowing agent technology, our next generation closed-cell spray foam products deliver a low environmental impact.
Last Update: 2021-04-01