Founded in 1886, GAF has become the largest roofing manufacturer in North America. The company's products include a comprehensive portfolio of steep-slope and commercial roofing systems, which are supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
- GAF offers the TruSlate® Roofing System: real hand-split S1-grade quarried slate installed with a high-tech, patented system, resulting in an affordable option for virtually any home. Perfect for new construction or remodeling, TruSlate® increases the value of the home and includes a lifetime limited warranty.
- GAF revolutionized the way that shingles are sold by introducing Lifetime ltd. warranties on all its laminated shingles - an industry first.
- GAF is also the first manufacturer to have all of its shingles pass ASTM D3161 Class F 110 mph and ASTM 7158 Class H 150 mph - the industry's two toughest wind resistance tests.
- Leading brands include Timberline® Shingles, the No. 1-selling architectural shingles in North America.
- With the rapidly increasing demand for upscale shingle options, GAF offers extensive Lifetime Designer Shingle options, including Ultra-Premium Camelot® and Grand Canyon®, as well as an entire line of value-priced Lifetime Designer Shingles that offer homeowners a truly affordable upgrade from standard architectural shingles.
- The company's award-winning Certified Contractor Program has been judged by many to be the most extensive business-building program in the industry, and even includes warranties that cover the contractor's workmanship and a factory inspection of each completed roof. The Habitat for Humanity "Community Partner" and "Certified Green Contractor" programs help installers to differentiate themselves to homeowners. Dozens of other programs and exclusive marketing materials are available to help contractors to build their businesses.
- GAF offers a wide array of energy-smart options, some of which are ENERGY STAR® qualified and/or Title 24 Compliant, to take advantage of the growing interest in energy-saving, white reflective roofing. Special offerings include the Well Roof Guarantee Extension through Certified Maintenance Professionals (extends a low-slope roof guarantee by up to 25% for free, as long as regular maintenance is performed; see the Well Roof Guarantee Extension for complete requirements) and the All-American Pledge Guarantee (the first NDL guarantee that covers both low- and steep-slope roofs on a single property).If you'd like to take a deeper dive on our sustainability programs at GAF and that of the roofing industry generally, stop by www.gaf.com/green.
- GAF is proud to support CARE - the Center for the Advancement of Roofing Excellence which has provided education to over 125,000 professionals. CARE's mission is to help professional contractors and distributors build their businesses through sales and management education, and to provide product and installation training to contractors, distributors, architects, property owners, and related industry personnel.