AQUAFIN-IC ADMIX is a state-of-the crystalline waterproofing admixture available in liquid and powder form. The chemistry within the AQUAFIN-IC ADMIX reacts with moisture and free lime in the concrete, creating millions of insoluble crystalline fibers, which fill the pores, capillary tracts and minor shrinkage cracks within the concrete. Passage of water through the concrete, either from the positive or negative water pressure side is permanently blocked and the reinforcement protected from corrosion. AQUAFIN-IC ADMIX can be added to the concrete mix at the time of batching or at the job site to a ready mix truck with full mixing capabilities.
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 certified for potable water applications
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure, positive (active) or negative (passive) water pressure side
- Can self-seal static hairline cracks up to 1/64" (0.4 mm)
- Permanent - becomes an integral part of the concrete
- Not a vapor barrier - allows concrete to breathe
- Negligible interference with water reducers & plasticizers
- Negligible effect/influence on slump and air entrainment
- Impervious to physical damage and deterioration
- Non toxic, inorganic, zero VOC (0%)
- Contains no chlorides
- Less costly than traditional methods of waterproofing such as coatings and sheet applied goods. Note: For the best dispersion characteristics, use IC ADMIX-Liquid.